Monday, August 22, 2005

E: Soon and very soon

Things are still crazy busy down in Oslo. I am very close to get settled and will provide more updates in few days. Very brief from last week:

- I started practicing volleyball with my old div 1 team OSI
- I started uni. My subjects this semester will be a master thesis preperation class and one named "media and globalization" (actually in English)
- I have reunited with a lot of friends and met a few new ones
- I moved in with a friend of a friend in a part of Oslo named Grønland (last Sunday). Today however, I was offered a place with a local church a little north of uni (10 minutes by bike) where I will get a cheap rent if I work a few hours each week with the youth.
- Last night I went to an outside church service downtown, which was also attended by Rigoberta Menchu, the Nobel Peace Price winner from Guatemala
- I have my first lecture in 11 minutes and gotta go.

No comments: