Monday, September 26, 2005

E: Fascinating net auctions

A couple of weeks ago I went online to look for a water-boiler. I ended up on this Norwegian auction site Qxl. I didn’t find what I was looking for in the desired price level. A few days ago I received a package from the site with the four other items I purchased instead; a hair trimming machine, a mini-basket hoop and plastic ball, a shower radio (waterproofed) and so-called push up bars (to enhance the push-up exercise). Other than the trimmer, I didn’t really need any of the items, but online auctions are extremely appealing. Especially when the prices often start at 1 krone (US$ 0.15), and don’t jump unreasonably before time is up, it’s on the verge of becoming addictive. That I paid a total of 339 kroner (US$ 51), including shipping and handling (160 kroner (US$ 25)), is absolutely acceptable. If nothing else, I got to cut my hair and got three cool Christmas presents.

A friend later provided me with a water-boiler for free :D

By the way: This online sale site Finn.no (means Find.no) has a section with give-aways for people desiring to get rid of used/excessive stuff of all kinds. Here you find anything from kittens to whole kitchen sections. Me and my housemates have gotten ourselves a TV and a new cooking oven for free through the site. The only requirement, is that we do the picking-up.

No comments: