Wednesday, April 25, 2007

X: Everyday insight/Hverdagsinnsyn

You know you are fully concentrated when you bring a print out of the last chapter of your thesis to the canteen rather than your lunch. May 10 is hand in deadline. May 7 I must turn in the pages to print. May 3 I will meet my supervisor for the last time (as supervisor). April 29 my supervisor will read my final draft. April 28 I will proof read someone else’s thesis, and him mine. April 27 I will complete my final draft. It became April 26 three hours ago. I am motived though, and enjoy working with this.

You know life is hectic when you realize that the only time you have ”relaxed” the last couple days are the minutes lying on the changing room floor while a team mate applies tape to your back before practice (to avoid pain/injury). Life is busy, but interesting. I have a tad too much to do than what wise is, but I do not complain.

You know you are not over a relationship when the first things you see, when looking at a world map, is that your and the other person’s country is colored the same way (purple). Darsh and I are not all great on either end, but are in touch.

You know you share bathroom with four girls when you owe one bottle of liquid soap, and there are a total of 27 containers cornered in the shower. I had a count when cleaning the bathroom in the second floor of my complex house in which I live. A greater challenge than bottle excess is the fact that I will be leaving this place in not too long as I will not be a student anymore (most likely) and may buy an apartment soonish (most likely). It is a great bunch of people with whom I share mailbox, living space, silverware, prayers, thoughts and lives with.

English version from April 26.

---

Du vet du er helkonsentrert når du tar med deg utskrift av siste kapittel av oppgaven i stedet for matboksen til kantina. 10. mai er endelig frist for oppgaven. 7. mai må jeg levere sidene til trykkeriet. 3. mai møter jeg veilederen for siste veiledning. 29. april begynner veilederen å se på mitt sisteutkast. 28. april skal jeg korrekturlese en annens masteroppgave, og han min. Deretter sendes sisteutkast. 27. april skal jeg fullføre mitt sisteutkast. Det er to dager til. Livet er hektisk, men interessant. Jeg er motivert og trives med studiene - dette siste studiesemesteret (på en stund i alle fall).

Du vet at du ikke er ferdig med noen når det første man ser på et verdenskart er at ditt og personens land er farget i samme farge. Det er vel ingen overraskelse at vi snakker om at både Norge og Malaysia var lilla. Vi har det ikke bare lett, hver på vår ende (hun er fortsatt i Australia), men holder kontakten.

Du vet at du deler bad med fire jenter når du har en dobbeldusj, og det står 27 flasker og beholdere ved dusjen. Badet i andre etasje i huset jeg bor i, talte jeg da vi hadde vårrengjøring. Mer utfordrende er det å tenke på at jeg snart skal flytte ut fra kollektivet – igjen. Å finne nytt bopel kan være spennende, men det er en flott gjeng jeg deler adresse, boareal, mat, bønner, tanker og tid med.

No comments: