Wednesday, February 28, 2007

E: Online clips 20

To celebrate reaching the 20 mark with online clips entries, I will publish 10 selected links, rather than the average five.

First up is a technical sections. Your IP (internet protocol) address is a identification tag that than can trace your computer and location. If you want to hide your IP address, this clip shows how. Many people, including myself, uses a laptop as a primary/only computer/mac. Here is how the various components are put together.

So for a more critical section. I saw this the other day on solider misbehavior. I am sure more of this could be revealed if all other countries had the same amount of troops and cameras around, but the US army has used their quota on these things I think now. And if you have forgotten how lucky and well off you are, able to access the internet and able to read, you can see reminder here, labeled poverty.


To finish off, I thought a more fun bit would be suitable. But instead of amusing myself by hitting a knife in between your fingers, or appearing on a Japanese TV show while being chucked out of a trebuchet, I rather bungee jump (done it) or try jumping with a parachute. Fascination for the police squad voice man, Michael Winslow, is better entertainment. Or to have revealed how magician Cooperfield flies (keep in mind that by watching this, such tricks will not be as thrilling to watch no more).

The rest can be found in the compilation list.

No comments: