Friday, February 23, 2007

E: Italia – Qui sono venuto!

The title should mean something like ”Italy, here I come” (correct me if I'm wrong). From March 27th to April 3rd, I will finally to explore parts of the approximately 300.000 square meter country which has given the world so much history, culture, and inspiring individuals. Greatest of them, in my opinion, is the universal genious and my earthly hero Leanardo da Vinci.

Together with another dude in the complex, Kjetil Senum (in picture) , the airfare is paid to Ryanair. We land in Pisa and return from Bergamo (outside of Milan). In between our preliminary itinary will lead us through Florence (and hopefully Vinci), San Marino (a tiny country if its own within Italy) and Venice as major stops (see map (originally obtained from www.mapitaly.net)). Italy has so much to offer, so Rome and a bunch of other sites must wait this time around.

This will be my only break from uni before my theis is planned handed in on the due date (if I want to be done with examinations before summer) May 10th. More to come, as soon as the journey takes place.

I am currently at home with my family up north, in Brøstadbotn, for the weekend, as my cousin is getting married tomorrow. More too, on that later.

No comments: