Tuesday, December 20, 2005

E: All set Down Under

Practical circumstances around my Australian exchange is just about done. Recent movements leaves little left for me to take care of, other than showing up in Melbourne in the middle of February.

The most newsworthy happening is my decision of Melbourne accommodation. I will be renting a room Barkly Street, in the suburb of Brunswick. The 70s Greek style house is situated a 10-minutes tram ride from the university. Via my active “housing agent” Taya, I was able to locate the four future housemates, three girls and a guy, who all seem great by the e-mails, MSN-chats and pictures to which I’ve been exposed. Home Aussie Home.

My ticket was purchased long time ago, and February 15 is the day of arrival.

My final school acceptance at the University of Melbourne, a so-called Confirmation-of-Enrolment (CoE), blinked in my mailbox a week ago.

I applied for a student visa on Sunday. The day after, yesterday, I receive d the needed visa grant number: 8079515****** (in case I should keep it as classified information).

From the University of Oslo I have obtained a letter of preapproval of my suggested subjects for my stay in Australia.

With that letter and the CoE, I was eligible to apply for school funding from the state of Norway. This application was launched last night.

My visits to US, Mexico and Fiji are still not quite taken care of, so I have more than enough preparations remaining. But this is fun work.

No comments: