Monday, August 20, 2007

E: Life update august 2007

Present passes quickly. Life proceeds swiftly for those living it. We are all part of thousands of events and can only parttake in a selection. Some choose though, not to enact on more what happens to you.

I feel it is time for a brief discussion of recent and current occurrences in my existence.

Work
Today was my last shift as editorial/layout staff for the newspaper Vårt Land, for which I have been working since July 11th. I have produced a number of pages, where reading, editing, picture selecting and the actual page design have taken place. This has been a new and enriching experience, gaining lots from putting in the effort.

Attached is a sample of a news page where I composed the illustration on the Norwegian stock exchange (Oslo børs).

That I am now done is not all wonderful, as I enjoyed myself at and with the work. But it also means two things:
a) I am one week away from starting my first full time job, at Agenda 3:16
b) I finally have a week off

Summer break
The weak that began half an hour ago is my summer holiday for the year. There has been a while since my last day of uni. But since then I have been arranging and attending three weddings in addition to six weeks of work – among other things. I am good at making days become hectic, thus a need to unwind a bit.

My plans are as follows:
Monday: Work, actually. I need to catch up with my part time job with DinSide.no – where I am still employed. At night I will have a friend and her boyfriend over for an evening meal.
Tuesday: Relaxation during the day. Volleyball at night (own practice and then coaching)
Wednesday - Friday: Hiking. My good friend Ingvill Aa will be my host and guide in the wilderness of the town of Notodden.
Friday - Sunday: More hiking. My close friend Gunhild Fretland works in the Vikersund-area, and this is where I will spend my last weekend before work life kicks in for real.

All this nature arrangements are part of a need to get away from the constant bombardment of impulses, city rush and constant availability. I consider this a semi retreat with a bit of time to think, reflect, breathe and process many of the current happenings in my life.

Volleyball
Indoor training has finally begun. I have long awaited the first practice Tuesday. The players are pretty much the same, and so are the enthusiasm, intensity and companionship. The final cut has not been done yet, but I will be surprised if I did not make it as an outside hitter / libero this year too.

New this season is my role as coach. I play for the first team and train the third men’s team with a friend of mine. I feel this is a point of excitement for me, and there was heaps I wanted to share, do and say in my debut as coach for the club, OSI. I really appreciate a pedagogic role where the teaching is given only to those interested in learning and listening.

Housing
I am still on the looks for an apartment, but being fairly picky and not looking very hard. This is primarily because of high prices, rising loaning rates and a very good fellowship with my housemates.

BTW: For those still unaware: We have a house warming (innflyttingsfest) 1st of September for those keen and in Oslo. Lemme know if you wanna come. If you are on Facebook, here are some more details.

How am I?
Good, I must say. Very good. It has been a true blessing to be relieved from the constraints of studying. I have enjoyed my time with books, classes and assignments to further enhance my understanding and insight, but it has also meant a straining time with great need to be tuned in and focus – also when not at uni. To be able to do without this exertion for some time is rewarding.
Also, I enjoy meeting new people and old friends. New connections are made and ongoing ones are being lubricated.

God is also a wonderful Creator on which to base my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a big AMEN to that last one. I do need to go back to basis, and to realize what I´m basing my life on.

sindre said...

So true. I will try to have more glimpses of faith (heavenly drips as I tend to label it) in the time to come - displaying an urge to have the Lord shine through my everyday from the Internet to work to practice etc.