Friday, January 18, 2008

E: France & Mali approaching

Saturday morning my flight leaves for Paris. Hopefully I will be ready. Still, after a 12 hour work day today, I am not all set to focus on Mali alone on my last working day before take-off. The main theme story for the coming issue is close to done now, but has taken very many of my awake hours the last week. But it will all come together somehow.

I am not worried. And albeit I have had far too little time to work on my French, read about Paris and Bamako (++), I am thrilled to get on that international flight this weekend. In the French capital I will stay with a friend I shared house with in Melbourne during spring of 2006, Alix.

More about why I am initiating this voyage can be found in the blog past. Other than my Oslo – Paris flight, you can track my movements (if I get to the airport on time) by pressing this URL.

When, how and if my blog will be updated for the couple of weeks to come is not something I can clarify at this point. But I will most likely post a few travel letters now and then to update the world on what I am up to – in case anyone urged to find out. I am sorry for the slack job of updating lately. Life has just been a tad too hectic.

In other travel news, I will go to Poland before Easter with good friend Kjetil (who I joined to Italy last year same time). Krakow and Warsaw will be our in and out airports.

No comments: