Sunday, November 04, 2007

E: Music break-through warning

The Fernets is a up and coming rock band from the city of Tromsø, in the north of Norway. After a couple of years of getting a name and staging various concerts around the country, it was finally time for a debut album. A Norwegian critique gave them 5 out of 6 points. I was at their release concert in Oslo and liked what I heard. Although some of the songs are a bit too sound-loaded according to my taste, there is no doubt about their ability to play, sing and live music.

I must say I am semi biased by the fact that the drummer and bass guitar player are (brothers and sons of my mom’s sister, therefore my) my cousins. Thus I encourage you to listen to some sample songs on their myspace page to judge for yourself.

Recently a semi-professional, but very amusing music video was made, and it is now available at YouTube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I didn't even read as far as "they're my cousins so I'll push 'em"; clicked the clip rightaway and loved the kinda sound.

Honestly, your cousins are more beautiful than you are and they have better voices - their ballet is also better.

Two thumbs up and good luck/succes for the future.

BTW, keep on writing, I love your stuff.

Koneo