Sunday, September 30, 2007

E: Traveled impressions

There have been many an impression making an impact for my thoughts, opinions, feelings and possibly future lately. As I may elaborate on one to all of the following points, I make it short and salty for the time being.

a) Reading joy. The amusement of reading has picked up after allowing myself time and space to read for the sake of reading. I am rarely uninterested in text my eyes scan, but to embrace a book as entertainment has been an atypical activity the last years.

Sommerfugleffetker (butterfly effects) by Norwegian journalist Jan Zahl is the first book in this streak.

b) Traveling journalist. This week was my first as journalist traveling, but not writing travel journalism. I have collected materials and interviews for three stories, one of which will appear in the coming issue of my employer; Agenda 3:16 (deadline Thursday). I aslo found time to meet friends and family in the city.

c) Global focus locally. Before returning to Oslo today, I have been three days back in my home town Brøstadbotn to attend a seminary, Forskningsdagene, regarding studying/traveling abroad and how business life can work together with the community and youth to have youth and graduated students return or move to their rural origin. I was asked to come to inspire, but winded up being both challenged and inspired (and a tiny bit discouraged). More on this later.

d) The Heavenly Man was in Oslo today. I finally got to met him.

No comments: