Sunday, January 14, 2007

X: Mind your sex/Mest maskuline tanker

Sorry abouhtt the could-be-confusing title :)

BBC One television had great success with their series ”Secrets of sexes”. The psychologist in the show used a sex ID test, which is available online. 20 minutes later I revealed that I think as a man – but below average. The test has six parts made up of finding angles, spotting differences, 3D shapes and word tasks.

My results
Click the image to the left to enlarge my total score sheet compare to the average. I found this test interesting as I have discussed the mental gender differences many a times. I have also been labeled "meterosexual" and abnormally thoughtful for a guy. The results are shocking in any way, but displays that my arrow is closer to the female side than the average.

Part 1
a) Angels: 19 of 20 – above average, very manly :)
b) Spot the difference: 29 prosent – below average, but still on the male side

Part 2 – Hands
My right side of the brain is supposedly dominant

Part 3
a) Empathy: 8 of 20. Even though this is a typical male results, I am not pleased with this score. There must have been an error somewhere :)
b) Systemizing: 12,5 of 20. Horrible. Again a male score I do not concure with. Be ware this is only a quick test.
c) Eyes: 5 of 10. Average ability to tell people’s emotions just by looking at their eyes. As the results go by, I feel I have been lacking of concentration.

Part 4 – Index fingers
My right hand: 0.94. My left Hand: 0.93
Average ratio for men: 0.982
My measuring device may not have been the most accurate, but they look fairly even.

Part 5: Faces – I prefer female faces. Hooray :)

Part 6: 3D shapes
a) Matching: 9 out of 12
Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12
b) Words: 15.
This was a fair bit above average, even the female average, this has probably got to do with my writing background.
c) Ultimatum: I will not say what it is, as I would like you to take the test yourself, but I scored slightly below average here – somewhat closer to the female average. The choice to me was fairly obvious though to me though, so feel free to tell me what you got later.

---

Via Dagladet.no, fant jeg en kjønns-ID test psykologer har benyttet seg av i BBC serien ”Secrets of sexes”. Tjue minutter senere var det klart at jeg tenker som en mann – men under snittet. Identiteten blir avgjort gjennom seks deler som innebærer å vurdere vinkler, se forskjeller, se på tredimensjonale objekter og en siste ordtest.

Trykk på bildet til venstre for å forstørre resultatgrafen min sammenlignet med gjennomsnittsmannen og -kvinnen. Jeg fant kjønnstesten nokså interessant da jeg mang en gang har diskutert menn og kvinners ulike mentale egenskaper. I tillegg har jeg blitt kalt metereoseksuell og unormalt mye tenkende/innsiktsfull til mann å være. Mine detaljerte resultater ble kun presentert på engelsk (ovenfor). Ta testen selv!

No comments: