Sunday, April 30, 2006

E: Study consequences

My crammed student life leads to some unexpected consequences.

A bad example is the fact that actually skipped one of my lectures to work on my assignment in the same subject. This is not very characteristic of me, particularly as I only have five contact hours per week. I have always felt obligated to be in any form of teaching or tutoring set up for me. With all the effort prepared and the potential knowledge I could lose, I attend whether or not it’s compulsory, regardless of how much time I have or how interesting I find it. Except on Thursday for the Understanding Development class.

A better example is that time appeares to be moving slower somehow. When spending most my day in the books, I have a notion that everything else I do, be it practice, church or hanging out with people, has reduced motion. I have been wondering a few times if my watch was delayed.

The best example is, I guess, that I learn something. Or so I hope. I dunno how much gulp-up wisdom I could cite here and now, but the conversation, readings, and even assignment work seem to gradually make more sense – even if the workload does not seem to drop. And if nothing else I tell myself that if I can get through this semester, I can do anything.

No comments: