Saturday, April 22, 2006

E: Randomness

A few thoughts on scattered topics.

¤ I find it interesting all the things one can do while on the phone, which would be really odd, unconventional or even rude during an in-person conversation. Even when I phone calls for work I can cut my nails, eat, make faces or wear whatever (or nothing at all).

¤ By being repeatedly exposed to places and people, your perception and familiarity alters. Albeit most things change slowly, they pretty much (objectively) remain the same.

¤ An article in the Norwegian newspaper VG shows how cheap sunglasses are just as good as for protecting you from dangerous beams. This is good news for a person like me who easily lose or break them, and looks for a bargain with close to all things I buy.

¤ Another Norwegian article, this one in Adresseavisa, talks of a health director who proposed adding taxes on unhealthy food to help shape up the population. Although I don’t see it very likely to be followed through, I like the initiative.

No comments: