Saturday, May 17, 2008

E: Catering for three websites

The reason why www.storvoll.net is not updated every day is not because I do not have anything to write about, but rather because what I could write about takes a lot of time doing and reflecting upon.

Two factors are two other websites I administrate at work. www.normisjon.no is my responsibility, the main domain for the mission organization which owns the magazine, Agenda 3:16, for which I work. Adding and editing content is a tiny job in addition to being a magazine journalist, but still requires a bit of effort. I am also in charge of a site renovation with new design, functionalities and profile, which is to be released in not too long. It will be far better than the current look, in my view anyway.

www.agenda316.no is only updated monthly, but then to offer samples from the latest printed edition. Today was such an update, as the latest issue, number 5/2008, just came from the publisher. The teenager on the front page (partly disguised through a picture filter), is my cousin, by the way. Of the samples, I created the lead story on why so few young people (between 18 and 30) do not show in church, with a case from an organizational congregation, Salem in Trondheim. I also wrote Fargerik barndom (colorful childhood) about being a missionary child and Soulfeber i Melhus (Soul fever in Melhus) about an instant choir success.

No comments: