Sunday, April 27, 2008

E: A moderate Christian?

Friday I took the following Bible hermeneutics quiz . Based on the 20 questions, I winded up as moderate in my interpretations. The questions and the way the answers are laid out (and answered by me) will influence the outcome. I guess I am not the most conservative Christian in my views, but much closer to conservative than progessive. And as a view on life, I need to stress that I want nothing else but devoting my life to God. This test is about views, not dedication, belief or interest.

Read about the conservative–moderate-progressive scale here. Below I quote the description of being moderate:

The moderate hermeneutic might be seen as the voice of reason and open-mindedness. Moderates generally score between 53 to 65. Many are conservative on some issues and progressive on others. It intrigues that conservatives tend to be progressive on the same issues, while progressives tend to be conservative on the same issues. Nonetheless, moderates have a flexible hermeneutic that gives them the freedom to pick and choose on which issues they will be progressive or conservative. For that reason, moderates are more open to the charge of inconsistency. What impresses me most about moderates are the struggles they endure to render judgments on hermeneutical issues.

No comments: