Thursday, June 21, 2007

E: Everything at once

The reason for infrequent updating is that there is too much about which to write. I simply have not had the minutes to type bloggy material. Nor am I up to date with my personal diary. Rather than thinking I can provide a full report, I will list recent and current activities which has poored into my everyday lately.

* My best friend’s wedding. Last weekend was the bachelor party, which will come with its own entry with pictures. The wedded-to-be, me and the eight other mates came together for two days of testing, socializing and fun. I have spent days and days organizing and planning to be able to follow through with the weekend activity. As it was a surprise, I could not share it on the web. This Sunday is the actual wedding. I will leave for the city of Tønsberg tomorrow where the event will take place Sunday. Today I picked up the rented tuxedo. Before I leave I need to finish the speech. More facts on the wedding’s website: Sthansbryllup.com. It will be a blast :)

* Visitor 1: Jacqueline Thai is one of the Aussies with whom I lived last time in Melbourne. She arrived Monday afternoon and left for the airport today around 4 pm. It has been a great reuinion, in spite my business during the days. Together we have talked, tried various foods, hiked, had a walking tour of Oslo, gone to the movies and met a few of my friends. Jackie is touring Europe on Holiday, inlcuding England, France and Switzerland.

* Visitor 2: My friends Andreas Norbye and Jonas Evensen have spent a year in Bolivia. Andreas returned to Norway Sunday, and stayed at my place till this morning. His a fair bit of things to take care of on his own, but we have hung out a little.

* Job interview. Yesterday I sat for 75 minutes talking to the coming editor of the magazine Agenda 3:16 and administrative leader of the organization Normisjon, to which the magazine belong. I had a positive experience, felt I handled situation well and will know if I will be offered the job sometime next week.

* Straight after the interview, I was interviewed regarding my master thesis. The Christian founded newspaper Vårt Land is interested in my findings and methodology and will run a story next week. Tuesday is when I will defend my thesis and found out how they grade my last year of effort.

* Housing. I am continuously looking at apartments to buy. But the prices makes the residential spaces out of my reach. The one apartment I recently inspected went 250,000 kroner (around 42,000 US dollars) over estimated value – which gave it a square meter price of insane NOK 43,000 (7,200 USD). For now I will move out of the Christian complex next week, as I am no longer a student, into an apartment with two other Christian guys situated 3-4 minutes away (by bike). Not far, but still different. Hopefully I will have time to pack and clean out the place after finish studying Tuesday morning till my plan leaves Thursday night.

* Work. I have eight easy-reading article to finish for DinSide.no/reise – the travel section of the consumer website in which I work. I am getting there, but have spent a fair bit of time the last few weeks tracing celebrities willing to share about their Norwegian summer city. In addition I am updating the databases for banking and mobile prices, which I have been doing for 3-4 years now. From July 11th, I will be working on my summer job in Vårt Land, the above-mentioned newspaper (not related to the interview). Last Wednesday and Thursday were the two days for training before take off.

Those are the major things. Some pictures will appear soon, at least from bachelor party and Jackie’s visit. For now I need to finish up my speech. For those who wonder, I am doing well, enjoy most of this, but am a bit exhausted in my head.

No comments: