Saturday, December 08, 2007

E: Booked December

The present couple of weeks exemplify a lifestyle I am trying to avoid. I do not oppose any of my current activities, but I am short of flexibility with fully booked days and nights. This is an important reason for being slack with the updates. Fortunately this is temporarily.

In general, though, work engages my everyday. Tuesday and parts of Wednesday and Fridays are locked to volleyball practice. Tuesday I coach a division 2 men’s team after my own practice. Furthermore I am still undertaking French classes, which is Monday nights. The coming Monday is the last of the course, however. Most other activities are event-based.

This is my December 2007 outside of the regular activities
1) French reading + meeting my father, brother and sister-in-law
2) Volleyball tournament with the div 2 team I coach + dinner and hanging out with my father and a mutual friend Rune.
5) Dinner visit from Signe before practice.
6) Christmas dinner party (julebord) with Aller Internett, the owners of DinSide.no, the consumer web page I have worked for since 2003. I am know am nearly out of. It took place at Frognerseteren (Sporten), Oslo. I do not know many as I have been doing most my work online, but I had lots of fun with old friends and new acquaintances through lovely food, all right music, a cool music quiz, chatting and dancing.
7) Christmas dinner party with former journalism students (class of 2002-04), eating tapas at Youngstorget (Cafe Tenerife) and clubbing a little at Grünerløkka (SüdÖst), Oslo. It is fun seeing where all the guys wind up, and how many that are still studying various new subjects. Moreover, I much appreciate the fact that we have a big turn-out every year. The intake was 60 students. This year we were 20+. Last year we were 35.
8) Today: 30-year birthday party at friend Merete.
9) Church and lunch with friend Mona + birthday taco at friend Maia’s place.
12) Last volleyball match this year: Home vs Askim

The days following will contain meeting various friends, practice, church, volleyball tournament ++. Everything is not completely set.
20) Heading up north, for Christmas in Brøstadbotn.
This will be the first break in years when I will not be working, as working is what I normally do nowadays (opposed to studying).
30) Return to Oslo.
31) New year’s eve with best friend Thor Oskar and wife Kristin.

No comments: