Monday, December 11, 2006

E: Crammed weekend

My Friday to Sunday had no less than five reunion-like happenings of remembrance.

* Last supervisor meeting this year. An hour after 10 am was more or less the beginning of my Christmas holiday. The remaining load of work is a bit alarming, but needs to be put aside while taking a long-needed time out. When returning in January I need to explore the field of religion sociology, according to my supervisor.

* Journalism student celebration. One of this year’s many Christmas dinner gatherings, was a semi-reunion of my journalism college class. About 40 of the then enrolled 60 students turned up for dinner (at the restaurant Mecca), followed by socializing in the club Sydöst (SouthEast). I proclaim that there are extremely few educations that can generate so interesting and wide-ranging what-have-you-been-up-to conversations as those going for journalism and media.

* Volleyball win. The final volleyball match for the year ended with an easy 3-0 win with horrible performances from both teams. Therefore, the match report is particularly short, but for once in English – in dedication of our leaving Italian player (I do not speak Italian and he is not very good in Norwegian). I played libero again, because of the many injuries we had.

This can be classified as a reunion as we have played this team twice before this fall and we met up as a team :)

* Family reunion. My brother with wife lives in Oslo. My parents and my sister with fiance all came to town for the weekend. Saturday they all came to our game. At night we went to “The Fast Show” by the humorous group Raske Menn (Fast men). This must be the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. Creative, original, talented, diverse and energetic – with everything from skits to songs to audience interactions to charades. I easily recommend it over the other big comedy hit this fall, Team Eckbo – which I also would describe as a time and money well spent. I choose start my usage of embedded film clips with their most known skit; the world history in 5 minutes (in Norwegian):



Later we, the family, headed for the Italian restaurant Santinos. In a couple of weeks we will meet up again, then with my better half as well.


* Preperations for Malaysian arrival. Sunday was the day before and today is the day my girlfriend Darshini will be coming to Norway. She is currently in Vienna, and her final flight’s landing wheels will start rolling on Norwegian soil around 10:15 pm tonight. It will be one big climax, being seperated since June 21st (which adds up to 173 days apart!). Sunday was spent cleaning, packing and preparing the final bits upon arrival.

From tonight until January 10th my life will be occupied with a girl that is hopefully my very last girlfriend and my first (and only) partner for life. The month ahead will determine if things are as we think they are and that we are still willing to turn our lives upside-down for one another. The blog updates for the time to come might be less frequent than currently, as I will have better things to do :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takk for ei kjempetrivelig helg:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sindre. It is Ayako.
I am glad that you and Darsh are finally spending time together in Norway. I will pray that everything will work well for you guys. I am sure that God will work in you2!! Please let me know if there is anything particular to pray about.
I miss you both.
Have great Christmas!!