Tuesday, February 21, 2006

E: Aussie settlement

Still lack of internet connection at home and tightpacked arrival days, have kept me from updating my blog much recently. This might be the reality for the week to come too.

Orientation at University of Melbourne has been a pleasant experience. The various events and seminars have been useful, and the uni is centrally located with nice, classy buildings. The actual enrollement process was the quickest one in my history, taking less than 10 minutes from a formed was filled in until I got my student card. I have still to change a couple of subjects, based on coordinators' approvals. But after speaking to a few it looks as if I will be able to commence semester next week with the subjects desired. Additionally I will be working on my thesis for my media master back home.

My housemates are marvellous, yet busy peoeple. Fortunately we will have a house dinner tonight, to get together properly. I enjoy and have gotten used to the house, conveniently located north of uni and the city, and not too far off from Bundoora (suburb where my old uni La Trobe + many friends stay). I have also bought a decent mountainbike to ride to/from uni and to/from anywhere else.

I still have a bit of friends with whom I will catch up, but I am getting there.

Saturday was James Punton's bachelor party. A group of blokes with short shorts and blue-es (not sure about the spelling), had great fun with/of James - who was made up badly and dressed in a pink dress for the day. Gokart, women's underwear shopping, bbq, questionarie, beatboxing in public and dancing at club are some of the keywords that filled the day. We ended up with somewhat more serious talks and prayers.

Sunday I visited Chisholm college and Bundoora Presbyterian Church again. It was lovely to reunite with old friends and siblings in Christ. Yesterday I once again attended the Northen Pumas church soccer team, which has gotten no less than three new, serious coaches since I left. If I am able to arrange with rides, I will probably both my old church and soccer team. Volleyball is still undecided.

More to come, as soon as the days are getting more regular and the world biggest computer network can be accessed from 370 Barkly street in Brunswick. It feels very right to be in Melbourne again.

No comments: