Wednesday, November 05, 2008

E: Happy travels – Ecua’pool

There is so much insight to gain from spending time in new places, with diverse people, with unfamiliar customs and different cultures. Within a week two fresh travel destinations have been set and almost scheduled.

1) Liverpool
Between December 11th and 15th I will be on the northwest coast of England in the docking city of Liverpool. More than being the home of the Beatles, it has Anfield Road – the home of the greatest soccer team in history. I am slightly biased, but many a person with an interest for the popular sport, would wanna go to see the Reds play. That I will do on Saturday the 13th: Liverpool versus Hull. The day before I will get to greet and meet some of the players – in person. Actually going to Livepool, has been a wish since childhood.

The reason is another Sindre from Brøstadbotn supporting Liverpool. The 11-year-old 6th-grader dreams of become a goalie for Liverpool. The bravery of sharing this ambition in front of the audience during Dyrøyseminaret 2008 (a small community-conference aiming to inspire, recruit and utilize the people and opportunities in less dense areas), winded up giving him a trip to Great Britain to meet some of his heroes in action.

See and read the story (in Norwegian) here.

I will be the journalist covering the journey, a very likable assignment.

2) Ecuador
A couple of weeks of February 2009 I will spend on the west coast of South America, in the land of Ecuador. I will get to refresh my Spanish and explore the tropical climate because of work. The trip will be as a journalist for Agenda 3:16 – the Christian monthly magazine for which I work.


Sweet

No comments: