Wednesday, August 20, 2008

E: Summer jam

Traffic jam is congested. Jam out of berries is sweet. Jamming is inspirational. That is my summer for you.

Since end of June I have done everything but properly disconnecting and relaxing – which I aimed to do. Thus, I find it a bit comforting when students are returning to schools and universities these days – as I have been working most of the summer anyway.

But I have recreated and am sincerly a happy camper. A recap of the summer months shows four weddings, a week in the Czech republic, a weekend in Kristiansand/Vennesla (with my buddy Kjetil), and a 10-year class reunion from grade school. With only three weeks away from work, there have been many days of working as well.

The weddings were for my cousin Norvald in Bodø (north), for one of my closest friends, Sathees, in Bergen (west), a great friend, Camilla (see pic), at Senja (north) and another cousin, Børre (see pic), in Skøelv (north). In addition to making three trips up north and one to the west of Norway, I contributed in all of them: photographer, best man, toastmaster and photographer once again. I have spent a great amount of time working for other’s weddings this year. But this is not business. In these incidents time is not money. Time is decication, devotion and work worthwhile doing for a good cause on very important days for very important people – to me.

Volleyball practice started just last week. I really enjoy being back inside with my teammates, the ball and the intensitity. It is also fun being back as a coach. The try outs for my team, division one, will be tougher than ever – as there are a bunch of elite players trying out this season.

Silas, my awesome nephew, has already become two monhts old. He has gained a great arsenal of gestures and faces, and is a cool dude to meet – along with his parents; my brother and sister-in-law. I have also run into my best friend, Thor-Oskar, a few times in Oslo lately.

Work is also an interesting place to be. I am motivated and energetic, and find meeting people, being creative, taking pictures and composing text as challenging and rewarding tasks to do. Basically, life is good.

1 comment:

Inger Th. Tømte said...

Kjære nesten-sønn....
Halleluja! -- også det været du fikk vist fram heimbygda i! (Vestfold er ikke det samme, særlig ikke i regn, men dog: Vi henter dere gjerne der toget eller busssen stopper).
Hils henne! Halleluja igjen!