Wednesday, March 29, 2006

E: Advantages of NOT traveling

I came across a webpage with an insightful overview with pros and cons for traveling with a group or by yourself (to Costa Rica). What is worse to find online is a list of advantages why NOT to travel; to stay put. I decided to make a brief list of points.

¤ Not traveling enables you to partake in activities and follow up friends on a regular basis.
¤ Not traveling is needed to rest and unwind from exercise or a load of new impression and experiences.
¤ Not traveling is cheap and doesn’t require (as much) planning.
¤ Not traveling prevents you from leaving belongings somewhere to which you may not be able to return.
¤ When/if you use the word home for describing where you are, you have as safety zone.
¤ Being home is also a sign of belonging, with friends, family and familiar surroundings.
¤ Routines (if you have them) are a sign of stability.

Personally, I am still excited about be subjected to new travel destinations. Although the more I travel, the more I appreciate home when returning. There is far from any guarantee that everyone has a home and a place to which to return. I feel fortunate to have my family, many friends and an area I can return to. I do feel home in Australia too - in a different way though.

No comments: