Monday, October 15, 2007

E: Volleyday

PS: Norsk kampreferat fra 3-0-seier mot Mosjøen.

Saturday was a full-on volleyball day. It began around 10:30 am with being a part of arranging the practical tasks for the elite women team in the club. My team helps them, and the other way around.

At 2 pm the men’s game was happening. For the third consecutive game this season, I was unable to play. That is, my ankle has been good enough to train all week. But my coach would not let me play to prevent any worsening of the situation. I did not support that decision emotionally, but rationally I would have done the same for any of the players in the second division team I coach. While my team warmed up, I hit the gym. We beat the opponent Mosjøen 3-0 fairly easily, and I wrote the match report (in Norwegian).

After a few hours at home, it was the social aspect of the team’s turn to shine. The player Håkon invited the entire team to his apartment for a pre-party happening from around 7pm to closer to midnight. After lots of celebrating the win, fun, music and some good conversations, we left for the city. I had plan an early return as the pile of tasks for Sunday was big enough already, but winded up going out with my team, plus an additional bunch from the elite women’s team + a few others in the volleyball club. A few happy hours at the night club Süd-Öst (South East) was an amusing memory with dancing, laughing and a good atmosphere. I do not go out much these days, but after returning before 4am last night, I may reconsider that routine :)

No comments: