Wednesday, June 25, 2008

E: Red soccer dream coming through

Liverpool FC will come visit Oslo on August 5th to play the Norwegian elite league soccer team Vålrenga at the national stadium of Ullevål. And I will be in the stands!

I have been a Liverpool fan since I saw a poster of John Barnes at my neighbors in 1989 – then aged 7. I have fantasized about visiting the harbor city to see the Merseyside team ruling Anfield Road, but never went. Fortunately this fall I will finally see the Reds play live.

The match sold out today, as I was one of the last people to secure one of the 25,000 seats in the stadium. As the various supporter clubs (of which I the last few years have no longer been a part), sponsors and others have purchased tickets since Friday, the remaining 8,500 tickets were released on the internet at 9 AM this morning. I logged on and had to stand in an online line for 2,5 hours (!) before being able to purchase a ticket. I was supposed to buy three, for a friend and a colleague, but could only find a single seat left and could not let the chance slip away. Liverpool.no reports that there were 100,000 log-ons to the ticket site billettluka.no today.

Maybe I will go to the stadium by myself, but I will never walk alone. Liverpool supporter club estimates that up to 18,000 of the people in the crowd will cheer for the English team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tøfft! Du klarte virkelig å få billett! Bra!