Tuesday, September 12, 2006

E: Pumas soccer champions!

It’s official; The Northern Pumas Green won the second division in the Victorian Churches soccer association. The soccer team for which I played while in Australia, was second in the league when I left in June, but was able to finish on top of the ladder so that the team will finally move up to the first (top) division. The final game was a 2-0 win on Saturday.

This is a church amateur league, but with five divisions and a lot of eager players, the level is absolutely decent. The win is much due to the arrival of new coaches, who enabled the team not only to play, but to think soccer. But the progress also needed a common commitment to put in the effort in practice and games – always as a team.

It is a pity I could not be there to the end and to celebrate the win, but I am happy and proud for having taken part in the hard-working, serious, social and well-organized team with the horizontal green and white stripes.

Who knows, maybe I will have to come back to contribute once again? Congratulations, mates! The picture below is from before my final game (this season) :)

Northern Pumas Green

Here, back in Norway, volleyball season will commence in a couple of weekends. In addition to ball practices I go running and to the gym a bit.

No comments: