Thursday, June 22, 2006

E: WA is going on

Western Australia (WA) is almost one third of Australia, and area covering about half of Europe (own estimate). The sunny capital is Perth. And it's from its pleasant suburb of Freemantle these words are being typed.

Yesterday's goodbye was tough, particularly parting with my outstanding girlfriend, Darshini. I have had a really good time in Melbourne and will miss my friends.

After arrival yesterday, I had a look at the city from King's park before dark. Afterwards I spend some time online working, eating, SMS-ing and talking to Darsh. I went to bed early, to rise at 7:30 this morning for exploring more of central Perth before heading down to Freemantle. It has gotten dark here as well, but I managed to get by most of the typical sites of the suburb - which is a very pretty one.

My plan is to take the ferry to and cycle around Rottenest Island tomorrow during the day. At night I will visit the weekend markets of Freemantle. Saturday I leave for Hong Kong.

I might get up for the world cup clash of Australia vs Croatia 3 am (Perth time).

No comments: