Sunday, June 25, 2006

E: King Hong Kong

Hong Kong is mighty. Nowhere on earth do you find 7 million people + tourists stored on such a little landmass. In downtown (north on Hong Kong Island + Kowloon), skyscrapers are more common than regular houses.

The flight in yesterday went smoothly and gave me a chance to prepeare a bit with a Lonely Planet guide and seated next two a Chinese guy from Hong Kong (who I met on the shuttle from Freemantle (Perth)). I checked in and had a peak at the Temple Street Market.

Today I've been hiking most of northern Honk Kong island and seen most sites there are. The peak gives excellent views. And the lightshow was quite cool.

There so many impressions not too mention pictures to be shared, but I will leave much of it until I get back. For now I can say that people are polite, the city is fairly quiet for being so massive and congested. It's extremely hot and humid, so any place without air condition would be a killer.

I am doing well, although it's hard to be without the woman in my life and my friends in Melbourne.

God bless from an internet cafe on Nathan Road.

No comments: